Tuesday, August 23, 2016

29 Weeks

29 Weeks

70-ish lbs (was 68.6 on Saturday).

Received an email update on Saturday from the couple who acquired Kal's brother, they said he weighed 86.4lbs!

Still dealing with the recurring skin issues/outbreaks. 

Nothing to note other than typical puppy antics. The Martingale collar is helping A LOT! Walking Kal in the mornings has been much more pleasant and easier- though he still stops suddenly to sniff -at everything, and often.

Last week, I put Kal in his crate and went to work. I returned two hours later, on the heels of DH, who had arrived and discovered Kal had partly unstuffed his crate bedding. This has happened before, when he somehow managed to work the zipper free. Apparently there is no inner liner containing the stuffing. It's just in there loose.

This time, he had ripped two holes in the underside of the pillow, as well as managed to bust open the seams on two sides.

I stuffed it all back in with the idea I'd patch the holes and re-stitch the seams. I left the pillow lying atop the crate for a full day and a half,

and then, while I was outside watering the front flower beds, with the door open so the dogs could see out and watch, as they like to do,

He decided to pull the pillow down and completely destroy it. Ripped the underside diagonally from one corner to the other- in addition to completely blowing out the two partially split seams.

There was stuffing blocking so much of the front entry way that I couldn't get back in, and Kansas couldn't get through it to get to the living room.

At least I caught him in the act this time and was able to deliver a serious correction. I debated just throwing everything away, but, instead I hot glued the split seams, then grabbed a spare pillow case, opened a couple of seams to make the fabric big enough, and sewed that over the ruined underside. The fabric the underside is made of is pretty flimsy stuff, not really cloth, so sewing it really wasn't enough, hence the hot glue.

It took me an hour.

Now, when Kal gets crated, he gets no bedding to destroy, and no toys to unstuff, either.

Also, after being reminded by  my mother, I've decided to implement dosing everyone with their respective Bach flower remedy drops. For Kal, I'm just using up Leo's, it's similar enough as far as their personalities go. Kansas doesn't normally need one, but I went ahead and ordered one of her own, as well as a refil of Airlie's which is half gone. I mean, if I'm going to use them... I'm also adding a general remedy to their drinking water daily. It's only temporary. I used it for a bit when Kal was a puppy, but as stressed as the girls, particularly Airle (who won't even exit the bedroom in the mornings to go outside to potty now, because she's so fed up with Kal harassing her), are. Might as well. I have them, why not use them? Plus I'll make a point to give Kal the "Home Alone" one whenever I crate him to leave the house.

It wasn't money I was planning to spend... Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment